Tuesday, October 20, 2009

News to me

Well, I was at work on a Tuesday (October 6th, 2009), and suddenly my coworker said "You are pregnant!". I was speechless. I had no idea what to say. I wasn't pregnant, or at least I didn't know if I was, so I decided to buy a test on the way home. I had plans to meet at Taryn's for a drink, and the thought of drinking while I may or may not be pregnant was nerve-racking, so when I got home, I took the test. The maid and her daughter were there, and after the cross was showing up (meaning positive) I showed it to the girls and they said Si, Si (in spanish). It was so funny.

So, I packed Riley up and headed to Taryn's. I called the dr. on the way and left word that I may be pregnant. My hands were shaking. I was so nervous but very excited!!!

Once I got to Taryn's, she was pouring a drink. She offered me one and when I declined, she knew what was up. She smiled and said "really?". I said yes and decided to take another test. It's like Lays potato chips...you can never just have one. You have to test multiple times to MAKE SURE!

On my way home, I received a call from the nurse who asked me to be in the next morning for blood work. That's when it hit me! When I got home, Matt was in the kitchen. I pulled the positive test out of my purse and laid it on the counter. He walked over and picked it up and said "really?" Ha! His face was priceless! We hugged and kissed and congratulated one another.

My HCG # on Wednesday morning (the 7th) was 33 and two days later (after some hormone help) 76. I think that puts me in the beginning of the 4th week. Our first appointment is Tuesday, October 27 at 8:15. We hope to hear the heartbeat.

It was good news to give my hubby. We pray and hope this pregnancy is healthy and all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment