Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pains of pregnancy...

Well, I am at that point now (with 5 weeks to go) where I am ready to meet our little one! I am starting to feel a bit pregnant now, where I don't sleep much and my back hurts, but I am definitely not as big as I had envisioned. I really thought I would be carrying a bigger weight by this point, so it makes me think baby is on the small side. Nonetheless, I am trying to eat smaller frequent meals with snacks in between, so baby gets more nourishment. Our next appt is next Thursday (May 27) where we will have our last ultrasound and the dr. will examine me to see where baby is. Hopefully, we will have an idea on how big he or she is, so I know what to expect in labor.

Matt and I plan on making a mold of my belly before baby arrives, and I am pretty excited about that. You can paper mache a mold of your belly and have it painted to hang on the wall of the nursery. We also need to have the car seat bases installed in the vehicles and pack our hospital bags. Other than that, I think we are ready.

We were even lucky enough to have yet another baby shower thrown for us by Matt's employer Transocean last Thursday. We were again showered with love and baby gifts and we really enjoyed ourselves. They bought us a multitude of wonderful things, including our high chair, some ATM gear, bottles, and the usual baby things. Transocean was really good to us.

Once we buy our stroller, we are set! It's just a waiting game. Come on baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment